Connecting the world’s top innovations with commercialization opportunities and technology seekers.
At NTA, we expedite the economic and societal impacts of government and commercial investments in innovative technologies. That’s why we’re the nation’s leading innovation-focused association. We provide an inclusive ecosystem and sustainable infrastructure to support the success and commercialization of our country’s diverse and distributed innovators in alignment with national priorities. We connect early-stage innovations with curated opportunities, such as: industry scouting requests, SBIR grants, Other Transaction (OT) requirements, federal innovation funding, and more.
NTA combines ATI’s 25 years of contracting expertise and consortium management, $50 billion in federal funding authority, and TechConnect’s 500,000-person innovation ecosystem and 25-year history executing scouting programs for both government and industry.
NTA membership offers:
- Consolidated Ecosystems and Organizations: NTA brings together builders of critical innovation ecosystems and leading organizations representing innovation portfolios and commercialization programs — for the first time ever.
- Steward of Sustainable Infrastructure: NTA provides a long-term sustainable infrastructure supporting regional and national innovation ecosystems.
- Bridge Between Innovators and Funding Opportunities: NTA is the leading innovation-focused membership organization connecting innovators of early-stage, dual-use technology with funding opportunities that align with U.S. national interests.
- Unique Pathway for Accelerating Commercialization: NTA provides access to the largest pipeline of private-sector innovation in the U.S.
- Membership in a Trusted Community: Powered by ATI, a pioneer in federal R&D collaboration that actively manages 25+ multifaceted consortia to address critical national technology needs, NTA provides an unbiased and credible community to support our national innovation initiatives.
- No Cost, No Commission: Membership is offered at no cost to applicants. NTA does not manage technology scouting contracts, take equity in any deal flow or directly manage government contracting.
- Leading-Edge Technology Focus: NTA curates opportunities and news in the highest growth technology sectors in the modern world, including: energy and sustainability; biotech and medical; microelectronics; advanced materials; advanced manufacturing; advanced communications; aerospace and defense; AI and digital transformation.
- Ongoing Support For Members: NTA members receive access to NTA members-only engagements, such as matchmaking and networking sessions. They also tap into special scouting/funding opportunities, discounts to innovation conferences, and free admission to NTA webinars and training.
- Access to the TechConnect Community: NTA aligns its annual spring, summer and fall member meetings with TechConnect conferences, the nation’s premier technology acceleration events that provide access to top federal and industry commercialization programs. These include co-located SBIR/STTR Innovation Summits, over $500k in annual prize programs and robust networking opportunities.
Matthew Laudon, PhD – Executive Director
Dr. Matthew Laudon is executive director of National Technology Alliance. With more than 25 years of experience in technology commercialization programs, Laudon has devoted his career to accelerating innovation into industry and society by creating connections between entrepreneurs, corporations and federal agencies.
Laura Murphree – Director of Operations & Communications
Laura Murphree is director of operations and communications of National Technology Alliance. In her role, Murphree oversees daily operations, as well as communications strategy and messaging, and serves as NTA’s spokesperson.
Katie Bornfleth – Associate Marketing and Communications Director
Katie Bornfleth is the associate marketing and communications director of National Technology Alliance. She is an expert information driver with 17 years of past experience in sales coordination and marketing analysis.
NTA Expert Committee*
- 3M Corporate Research Laboratory
- Ames National Laboratory
- Armco Research Center – Boston
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Arizona State University
- Atrium Capital
- Brown University
- Clarkson University
- Clemson University
- Emerald Technology Ventures
- Energy Frontier Research Center
- Fujifilm Dimatix
- GE Global Research
- George Mason University
- Harvard Medical School
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Lockheed Martin
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- NASA Langley Research Center
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Newcastle University
- Northrop Grumman
- Notre Dame University
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rice University
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Stanford University
- The Dow Chemical Company
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Energy
- University of Buffalo (SUNY)
- University of Colorado
- University of Maryland
- University of Minnesota
- University of Washington – Seattle
- University of Waterloo
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
*Includes representatives from NTA Catalyst Committees and TechConnect Review Committees